Investors spending a minimum €500,000 on residential real estate or a portfolio of properties making up this limit will gain a residence visa often referred to as the “Spanish Golden Visa”.
The key points of the Spanish residency visa are:
- Minimum investment of €500,000.
- Investment cannot be mortgage funded.
- Spouse and dependent children included in the visa.
- No minimum stay period.
- Renewable up to five years.
- Travel throughout the EU Schengen visa zone.
After five years those who have invested in Spanish property (and immediate family members) may apply for permanent residency although that will require a minimum residence period of 183 days. Citizenship and a Spanish passport can be applied for after a period of permanent residence in Spain. This then grants the right to live and work anywhere
For more detailed information please find the attached document Golden Visa Information
For more information and advice on the Golden Vista Application please contact us